Alterations and Restoration
Before your wedding, let our experienced seamstresses handle the intricacies of your wedding gowns. You can trust our specialists to ensure your dress fits perfectly.
We also specialize in restoring antique gowns to their true color without damaging the delicate fabrics or dyes. Restore your mother’s or grandmother’s gown for your special day.
Pre-Wedding Services include:
- Fittings: Our seamstresses capture your exact measurements to ensure a beautiful look and a perfect fit.
- Alterations: Our Alteration Specialists perform the necessary adjustments and repairs so your gown matches your measurements perfectly.
- Redesign: We can redesign your gown to fit your personal style and fashion.
- Spot Cleaning: Ours specialists clean your gown after fittings and alterations so your gown looks flawless.
- Pressing and Steaming: We hand press and steam gowns after alterations so every pleat and ruffle is perfectly in place.
Cleaning & Preservation
After your wedding we clean and preserve your gown with meticulous attention to its design.
Free Evaluation: This process starts with a free consultation and estimate so that our technicians can give you an idea as to what it will take to clean or restore your gown.
- Inspection: Each gown is inspected for damaged threads or loose beading. We then place them through a series of black-light tests to detect the most obscure stains and blemishes.
- Hand Cleaning: We hand-treat and clean each gown individually. We take every precaution to protect the delicate beads, embroidery, and lace during the cleaning process.
- Preservation: Pressed and packaged with care, your gown is protected and ready for future generations.
- Anti-Sugar Stain Treatment: Along with our detailed hand cleaning process, your gown undergoes our anti-sugar stain treatment. Spills containing sugar, salt and acid often dry clear and cannot be seen. These hidden stains do not dissolve during ordinary dry cleaning and turn an ugly brown over time.